Tuesday 13 September 2011

Statement of intent

Statement of intent

From last years work I feel that the work I was producing near the end of the year was my strongest and the most enjoyable. Over summer I re-evaluated my work to decide what direction I want to take my work within the third year. The work that I most enjoyed was branding and experimenting with how traditional printed material can be adapted to new technology formats such as tablets and mobile devices. As these new formats have only been out for a few years I think that there is a lot of creative opportunities to design for, which makes me as a designer really excited to learn more about and challenge how creative I can be with the new resources.

I want to base my third year on editorial, information graphics and branding design but where possible exploring the opportunities of new technology mediums, but baring in mind I am a designer. The subjects I want to work with include articles with the news, Social culture, music and unique subjects that I find interesting. The subjects listed are areas that I find interesting and can fit into editorial, information graphics and branding design.

The audience for my design would refer to what the briefs asks, but I would like to target a more mature business audience. I want my work to educate and inform the audience with the use of interaction between the brief and the audience. From my past work I think that if I can create something that creates that interaction with the audience, they are more likely going to remember the design as it will stand out as something original.

The main mediums I would like to work with would depend on the briefs set, but where possible I would like to explore the opportunities of new design formats. I would like to be still influenced with good editorial, information graphics and branding but where possible apply traditional print to new formats. The digital platforms could be smart phones, tablet computers and website design. However I may still use traditional print but apply the design to new formats depending on the way I respond to a brief. I think in my third year it would be a good idea to collaborate with other students from other courses, as areas where I may not be to strong they might be.

To conclude, my third year will consist of exploring how traditional printed material can be applied to new digital formats, creating strong concepts but baring in mind that I’m a designer. The subjects I would like to work with consist of news articles, social culture, music and also subjects that are unique and I find interesting. The audience will vary but I would like to educate and inform the audience and present them with a piece of design which is original which they will more likely remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment